Distinguish yourself professionally with this certification program!
PTACT stands for Pennsylvania Taxidermist Association Certified Taxidermist. This voluntary program is open to all members of the PTA who wish to become certified. With the revised version of PTACT you have the option to compete in taxidermy competitions or have your mount judged (free of charge) for a pass or fail quality certification by board appointed judges.
PTACT’S goal is to promote the continuing education of taxidermists so they can improve their work, grow their businesses and educate the public about quality taxidermy.
- Valid PA taxidermy license.
- Valid Commonwealth of PA Dept. of Revenue sales tax ID number (proof required).
- Proof of business insurance (copy of Policy Declarations page).
- Be a PTA member in good standing. Must remain as such for entire length of certification. Failing to do so will result in removal from program. Any PTA Certified Taxidermist whose membership lapses during their certification period will not be eligible for renewal, and must start again as new certification.
- Attend three seminars at any of the PTA State Conventions held within a three year period and obtain the presenter(s) signature as proof of attendance. This doesn’t mean you must attend all three shows, only one is necessary to meet this requirement.
- Accumulate nine credits for a new certification and nine credits for a renewal certification (please see credits worksheet).
- You must do one of the following:
- Enter a taxidermy piece in the PA State Show professional division or higher and earn at least a 3rd place ribbon.
- Have your taxidermy piece judged for a pass-or-fail examination by our appointed board.
Fee and Term
$75 – three year term. Certification term starts from the date of application continuing for three years. Applications can be received at any time. Renewal notices will be sent out 90 days prior to your re-certification date.
What will PTACT do for me?
Becoming a PTA Certified Taxidermist will allow you to distinguish yourself professionally. All funds generated from this program (after administration costs are removed) will go towards website and print advertising to promote its members and educate the public.
PTACT Member Benefits
- Certificate and a door/window sticker to display in your shop promoting your certification status.
- Website recognition through a link on the PTA website.
- Advertising in local and state media.
- Discounts and special offers at the annual convention (when funding is available).
Please direct any questions to Bob Hutchinson at (724)547-6882.